Sunday, February 24, 2013

Things do do with chick pea flour (besan)...

I love chick pea flour! It is nutritious, tasty and gluten-free. However, I sometimes find myself looking at it in my pantry and thinking - what will I do with all this chick pea flour? Here are some answers...

1) Make gravy. Chick pea flour makes an excellent base for a roux. For an emergency dinner I made a white-sauce style gravy with a chick pea flour base to pour over pasta and beans. It means you don't get that wheat flour sauce on wheat pasta vibe.

2) Make a besan cheela (an Indian pancake a bit like an egg-free omelette)

3) Make an omelette.

4) Make pakoras (Manjula's Kitchen has a lot of pakora recipes, but me I'm dying to try her bread pakoras some time)

5) Make spicy Indian crackers!

6) One day I will try this amazing looking vegan cheese recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment