Sunday, April 29, 2012

Lives on Drury Lane...

I have made (and eaten) ALL THE MUFFINS!

I had this chocolate and I we had these nice tinned peaches and some frozen berries, and I wanted to try to recreate the ones they have at Fidels.

So I adapted this recipe of Isa's:*

Chunky Chunkster Chocolate Peach Berry Muffins
(makes 12)

INGREDIENTS

2 cups flour (use white, just do it)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup syrup from the tinned peaches (top it up with a bit of water or plant milk if needed)
1/2 cup canola oil
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
1 cup high quality tinned peaches chopped into chunks
1 cup frozen raspberries
100g chocolate chunks


METHOD


1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celcius. Lightly grease muffin tins.
2. Mix flour, BP, soda, and salt. Make a well in the centre, and add the syrup, oil, and essence. Mix, and about half way through, add the fruit and chocolate. Don't overmix.
3. Fill muffin tins 3/4 full and bake for around 25 mins until browned on top and a skewer comes out clean.


* I should also mention that I had a go at the original recipe, Orange Cranberry Muffins, using hazelnuts instead of the pecans, and they were probably the best muffins I have ever made. Possibly the best muffins I have ever eaten. Although me and my sister did reckon they'd be jolly nice with some white chocolate in there somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment