Tuesday, April 3, 2012

"It's all part of my autumn almanac..."

Today I made Pumpkin Risotto based on this recipe from the PPK.

We had no cranberries, but it was delicious without. Also had to use half kūmara instead of the pumpkin. Added some nutritional yeast because our stock sucks. Topped it with roasted cashews and ate it with steamed green beans on the side. It was a big success with the whole family, and very filling. A doubled recipe fed 7 of us with a little left over.

Followed it with Isa's amazing brownies, which have been turning up at various Wellington cafes recently. I can't be the only one who diligently follows the PPK blog. Except my parents had this amazing sour cherry jam, and this giant jar of preserved sour cherries, so I made cherry brownies instead. All in all, pretty damn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment