Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Cheeze sauce

Laziness with regard to soaking and cooking pulses has meant that we've been breaking out the blender recently for some creamy instant protein goodness. This has resulted in some amazing salads, but with the cold weather having arrived in gusts and downpours, some more comforting fare was called for. So I tried Isa's sunflower seed-based macaroni and cheeze recipe. I never liked Mac and Cheese as a child, never having been a huge fan of buttery or cheesy things. But I figured that my matured tastebuds might appreciate a veganised version. Turns out, not so much. I still don't like Mac and Cheese.

But, I discovered that I do really like that fabled American snack, grilled cheese. I think it's pretty much like a toasted sandwich? Anyway, I took the leftover sauce from the recipe, slathered it on a piece of bread, squirted over some sriracha sauce, put another piece of bread on top, and toasted the lot in a lightly oiled frying pan. And then I ate it and then I made another one. So good.

No comments:

Post a Comment